AutomotiveUI 2017 Workshop on "User-Centered Design for Automated Driving Systems"
- 2017-07-03: Workshop accepted as half day workshop (afternoon; Sunday, September 24th 2017) as part of the 9th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications, Oldenburg, Germany.
- 2017-07-04: Initial version of the website online
- Please note: Submission deadline for workshop contributions is July 23rd, 2017!
- 2017-07-05: CfP online and distributed electronically
All global players of the automotive industry (e.g., BMW, VW, JLR, Ford, Tesla, etc.) are focusing on the development of automated driving systems (SAE J3016: ADS). Beside car manufacturers, also tech companies like Google, Apple, Nvidia and Intel are working hard to bring the technology to the market. As a consequence, research toward automated driving systems (ADS) is mainly focusing on an innovation-driven and technology-centered perspective (to maintain competitiveness).
Aspects like trust, acceptance, and user experience are widely under-researched. However, the "human factor" is critical for a comprehensive establishment of ADS technology on the market. We believe that there is a need to focus on a user-centered design (UCD) perspective to bring ADS innovation to a next level and to achieve a wide acceptance in society.
In this workshop we want to discuss special requirements of UCD applied to ADS, to address challenges and opportunities and to reveal new research fields for future work. To inspire future work and to emphasize the need for a user-centered perspective on ADS we want to discuss this topic within a workshop with researchers and professionals of the HCI community. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to::
- What are special requirements for Automated Driving Systems (ADS) regarding UCD?
- What does User-Centered Design mean for ADS?
- What are specific challenges of the different levels of ADS on UCD?
- etc. (see "Workshop Objectives")
Please feel free to contact one of the organizers (in no particular order) in case you have any workshop related questions.
|Anna-Katharina Frison||Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (THI), Ingolstadt, Germany|
|Andreas Riener||Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (THI), Ingolstadt, Germany|
|Myounghoon "Philart" Jeon||Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI, US|
|Bastian Pfleging||Ludwigs-Maximilian-Universität (LMU), Munich, Germany|
|Ignacio Alvarez||Intel Labs, Hillsboro, OR, US|
|Wendy Ju||Stanford University, Stanford, CA, US|
Page hits: 974