Workshop: "CARobots: Automated Driving Systems as Robots on Four Wheels"
- 2017-08-03: Workshop program slightly modified
- 2017-07-26: Final workshop program available
- 2017-04-17: Workshop accepted as half day workshop (9.00 AM-12.15 PM on Friday, September 1st 2017) as part of the 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 2017) in Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2017-04-19: Initial version of the website online
- Please note: Submission deadline for workshop contributions is June 25th, 2017!
- 2017-04-22: CfP online and distributed electronically
We argue that automated driving systems (ADSs) are robots on four wheels and the design of such vehicles is similar as the design of "traditional" robots. Questions, such as:
- How to design ADSs that evokes trust in its drivers?
- How to avoid overtrust?
- How should ethics be programmed in an ADS?
Please feel free to contact one of the organizers (in no particular order) in case you have any workshop related questions.
|Andreas Riener||University of Applied Sciences (THI), Ingolstadt, Germany|
|Alexander Meschtscherjakov||Center for HCI, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria|
|Alexander Mirnig||Center for HCI, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria|
|Manuel Giuliani||Center for HCI, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria|
|Manfred Tscheligi||Center for HCI, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria|
|Myounghoon "Philart" Jeon||Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI, US|
|Zhi "Jenny" Zheng||Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI, US|
|Chung Hyuk Park||George Washington University, Washington DC, US|
Page hits: 469