ARV 2017: Workshop on "Augmented Reality for Intelligent Vehicles" (September 24, 2017)
- 2017-07-03: Workshop accepted as half day workshop (afternoon; Sunday, September 24th 2017) as part of the 9th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications, Oldenburg, Germany.
- 2017-07-19: Initial version of the website online
- Please note: Submission deadline for position statements is August 16th, 2017!
- 2017-08-29: Notification letters sent to authors. In total, 7 position papers accepted for the workshop
- 2017-09-18: Tentative workshop schedule, accepted reflection statements and presentation order published online (see: http://www.andreasriener.com/AutoUI17WS_ARV/schedule/)
- 2017-09-24: Workshop will take place at AutoUI'17 as half-day workshop (2:00PM-6:00PM).
- Looking forward to seeing all of you in Oldenburg!
- 2017-10-01: Workshop material online (presentation PDFs, summary of discussions), see "Schedule and Materials"-tab
It is forecasted that augmented reality (AR automotive applications will increase road safety, bring intuitive activities to driving, and finally enhance driving experience. AR technology may also help on the transition towards automated driving. However, many technological challenges need to be addressed before AR applications will hit the mainstream market.
In this workshop, we will discuss potential and constraints as well as impact, role, and adequacy of AR in driving applications. The overarching goal is to define a research agenda for the general use of AR in intelligent vehicles within the next 3 to5 years.
The aim of the workshop can be broken up into three specific goals:
- Goal 1: Discuss practical usage
- Goal 2: Identify challenges and hypotheses
- Goal 3: Chart research roadmap
Please feel free to contact one of the organizers (in no particular order) in case you have any workshop related questions.
|Andrew Kun||University of New Hampshire, NH, USA|
|Manfred Tscheligi||University of Salzburg, Austria|
|Andreas Riener||Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (THI), Ingolstadt, Germany|
|Hidde van der Meulen||University of New Hampshire, NH, USA|
Page hits: 3611